Freshening Up Old Jeans

Kids grow so fast and clothes are so expensive. That's why I try to make things last as long as possible. I repair. I rework. I resize. Today I was doing a little of each with some old pairs of jeans.

These jeans still fit around the waist but had become too short. She wanted to turn them into capris. To give the new hem a little pizzaz I triple stitched the hem with three different colors of thread giving it an ombre effect.

Another set of new shorts made from last year's holey school jeans. The back pair are double stitched with two colors of thread to match the topstitching around her pockets. The front pair have a fun cross-stitch look to them.

These jeans had a small stain on the backside. For fun we decided to applique this heart over the top. Looks so much better.

Another appliqued heart on a different pair of jeans this time covering up a tear over the pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment