Kahuku Prom

Taylor

Taylor purchased her dress online through Amazon. I added over the shoulder and full back--with keyhole at center back--modesty sleevelets. I also took in 6 inches! through center back. Lastly, I steamed the dress to get out all the packaging wrinkles (the dress arrived in nothing more than a plastic bubble wrap envelope). The dress was very long for her but to avoid having to hem it she wore 4 inch heels. Wow! Doesn't she look beautiful.


 Aleena

Aleena found her dress at Ross and wanted to add some simple cap sleeves. The only material should could find that was close to matching was netting. I made her cap sleeves out of three layers of netting with the middle layer being a sparkly glittery netting that really made the dress and Aleena shine. 


Tiare

Tiare also ordered her dress online. It fit her beautifully with the exception of the hem. I took it up 4 inches through the waist. We chose to do the hem through the waist because the dye in the skirt is graduated and we wanted to retain as much dark on the bottom of the skirt as possible. At her request I also added some simple over the shoulder gathered modesty sleevelets. What a lovely young lady!


I have a few more prom dresses coming up for next months Kamehameha Prom. Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment