Online Ordered Wedding Dress Disaster Averted

This lovely bride thought her dreams were shattered when she opened the dress she ordered online from China.  The price was too good to resist but what she got was a dress that was too small through the hips.

Taking in a wedding dress that is too big is quite common; in fact most dresses that come to me for alterations come in  to have the side seams taken in.  Letting out a dress is a bit more complicated because you are limited by the amount of fabric in the side seams.

She needed more than 2 1/2 inches added into the hipline and surprisingly I was able to meet the challenge. We lucked out with the princess seaming and bigger than normal seam allowances. It is tight but it zips and she looks fabulous don't you think?! (and she just got home from work before this final fitting)


If you need alterations done on your wedding dress check out my Bridal Alterations Price List and contact me.  I'd love to discuss what I can do to help you look your best on your special day.

1 comment:

  1. I do sewing and alterations in Ohio and I know that letting out a dress can be the most challenging thing! But you obviously did a beautiful job! I love making brides look good.

    ReplyDelete